The National Institutes of Health (NIH) describes the condition as “an immune system disorder that affects the skin, and occasionally the eyes, nails, and joints.” Psoriasis is characterised by dry red scales called ‘plaques’ that are both painful and unattractive – a sometimes heartbreaking condition.
The opinion of our health experts is that the immune system only responds this way when there is something out of balance or the immune system is correctly responding to the presence of a foreign protein – in other words, an allergic reaction. This is supported by the fact that the condition is often associated with food intolerances and chemical sensitivities.
The first place to start with a psoriasis natural cure for kids is to identify the allergen. This can be either a food allergy – wheat and dairy are often to blame – or an allergy to household chemicals, soaps, perfumes, detergents, animals or even jewellery. A simple pulse test will help with this.
Take the resting pulse and if it rises more than 10 beats per minute after exposure to the food or other, then you have an allergy.
The psoriasis natural cure for kids starts with correcting the diet:
- No junk food, no food out of a box or a can, no fried food, eliminate all forms of sugar and refined or processed carbohydrates – bread, pizza dough, biscuits, white bread etc.
- Avoid the irritants or allergic foods and begin a rotation diet – avoid eating the same thing at the same time regularly each day.
- Increase the intake of omega 3 essential fatty acids from fish and flax seed oil and reduce the intake of omega 6 oils (very common oils in nuts, vegetable oils, grains) – this will have the effect of reducing the inflammation response from the immune system. Omega 6 switches the immune system on and omega 3 turns it off.
We recommend the following Supplements for a psoriasis natural cure for kids:
- High dose vitamin A and vitamin E – you will need to consult your local naturopath.
- EFA supplements – as fish oil from a trusted source.
- A supplement containing zinc, copper and selenium – a naturopath will suggest theraputic doses.
- Digestive enzymes – these will enhance digestion and rapidly improve the condition of skin by reducing the inflammatory immune response of the immune system.
- A probiotic supplement – ideal for restoring the balance of digestive bacteria in the stomach.
Topical washes containing Calendula, and Chamomile may be helpful in relieving the inflammation.
Essential oils may also be used as a psoriasis natural cure for kids. The essential oils recommended by our aromatherapists include: Bergamot, Roman chamomile, geranium, lavender and frankincense.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/111473