Onions commonly known as “pyaz” in Indian households not only have distinct aroma but also have several health benefits to offer. We all know onions are loaded with many chemicals that help you keep many diseases at bay. But did you know this pungent smelling food can help in curing asthma too?
There are two varieties of onions- white and red. The red onions are considered one of the best cures for asthma as they are packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, they also contain vitamin C, sulphur compounds, anti-bacterial and anti viral properties.
Even studies have shown that red onions have several compounds such as thiosulphinate, qucercetin and anthocyanin cyanidin in form of flavnoids and antioxidants, which make red onions one of the best cures for asthma and allergies.
Here is how you can use onions to cure asthma
Things you’ll need
- ½ kg of red onion.
- Take 6-8 tablespoons of honey.
- Take about 300-350 grams of dark brown sugar
- Take 2 fresh lemons.
- 5-6 glasses of water
How to prepare it
- First, heat the sugar in some utensil until it starts melting down.
- Add chopped red onions to it and keep stirring it.
- Now add water to the mixture
- Boil it until the water is reduced to one-third quantity.
- Allow the solution to cool down and squeeze lemon juice in it and add honey.
- Keep this mixture in a glass jar.
How to consume
Adults should take a tablespoon of this mixture while children should take only a teaspoon before each meal until the time you have the symptoms.