Latest Skin News
(HealthDay News) — Varicose veins are unsightly, swollen vessels that typically affect the legs.
The Mayo Clinic mentions these warning signs:
- Blue or dark-purple veins.
- Veins that twist and bulge, resembling electric cords beneath the skin.
- Pain or a heavy sensation.
- Veins that itch or bleed.
- Swelling, cramped muscles, throbbing or burning in the affected area.
- Pain that worsens when you stand or sit for an extended period.
Warning signs that need immediate medical attention include hardened veins, changes in color, development of open wounds or skin swelling.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.