Clean eating dessert, it is absolutely decadent!
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 – 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk (or coconut milk)
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- pecans, optional
Maple cinnamon whipped cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- To prepare whipped cream, beat the cream on high until it starts to thicken and becomes a bit tough. Add syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Continue to whisk the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Store in the refrigerator and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tin cups with silicone inserts, liners greased foil or spray cups directly. (Inserts paper is too difficult to remove, but all other parameters work fine.)
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk. Add the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/3 cup of the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, let cool for 20 minutes in the pan. Note: If you are doing a mini-cupcakes, adjust the cooking time 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool for 30 minutes. Top with maple whipped cream and sprinkled over pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Decorate halves pecans.