There are lots of DIY cosmetic recipes out there that are total flops. But these 12 (and one bonus) are total keepers!
1) Deodorant: Use equal parts coconut oil, baking soda & arrowroot powder. Melt coconut oil in microwave or double boiler just until thin and remove from heat. Mix in dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Store in container and use pea-size amount for under arms ((note: be cautious about using this immediately after shaving. It burns!))
2) Perfume: 100% pure essential oil of choice (make sure it’s not a skin irritant before using!!). Rub a single drop on wrists and temples.
3) Toothpaste: Baking soda! Scoop a pea-sized scoop onto toothbrush and brush away! ((Concerned about enamel erosion? Check out this article: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/07/11/is-baking-soda-a-good-alternative-toothpaste/ ))
4) Mouthwash: Mix 2 cups warm water with 10-12 drops peppermint essential oil plus (optional) 1 T baking soda. Use like normal mouthwash.
5) Shampoo: Mix 1 T baking soda with 1 cup warm water. Shake until dissolved, then pour onto scalp and massage all over. Rinse and follow with conditioner recipe below. (read this post for in-depth details and troubleshooting)
6) Conditioner: Mix 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 cup warm water. Shake until mixed, then pout onto roots, avoiding the scalp,and rub in. Rinse well (you will NOT smell like vinegar after rinsing!).
7) foundation: start with several tablespoons arrowroot powder, and slowly add cocoa powder, 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon at a time, mixing well, until desired shade is reached. Test on wrist and face often, because a little cocoa goes a long way!
8) Body wash: Same as shampoo
9) Face wash: Same as shampoo (Can also use regular baking soda NOT mixed in water as an exfoliator)
10) Face wash II: Wet face and hands. Massage 1-2 teaspoons honey all over face using gentle, circular motions for several minutes (it will be soft, not sticky). Rinse and enjoy soft skin!
11) Face wash III: Heat a wet washcloth in the microwave for 1 minutes. While face and hands are completely dry, massage about 1 tablespoon coconut oil all over face. Once washcloth is cool enough to be handled, lean head back and lay cloth over entire face for about 1 minute. Relax! This is the good part!
Next, gently rub oil off face with washcloth, making sure not to rub too hard. Pat face dry and rub any excess oil into skin.
12) Lotion: Use coconut oil just like regular lotion.
BONUS) Baby wipes: Mix together 2 cups warm water with 1 T regular shampoo (not the DIY kind!), 1 T coconut oil, 1 t baking soda and 1 t apple cider vinegar. Pour mixture over a roll of paper towels cut in half width-wise. Allow to soak 5 minutes, then remove cardboard middle. Pull wipes from the center for pop-up effect. Keep in air-tight container to keep wipes from drying out.
❤ MY EBOOK http://www.thebeautyplan.com/how-to-get-rid-of-cellulite/
❤ MY BLOG http://www.thebeautyplan.com
❤ FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/LoveTheBeautyPlan
❤ INSTAGRAM http://www.instagram.com/thebeautyplan
❤ PINTEREST http://www.pinterest.com/BeautyPlan
❤ TWITTER https://www.twitter.com/TheBeautyPlan
Thanks for watching 🙂 If you have any questions or comments, please leave them for me below, I love to hear from you!
In this video I show you how to make your own cosmetics straight from your kitchen!
make your own lip and cheek tint, mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow and mascara!
If you are inspired by the info, share the video with friends via facebook.
Emily Chesher x
Don’t forget to subscribe (http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thebeautyplan) so you don’t miss NEW videos on natural health and beauty every week!
To visit my website or if you would like to purchase my books visit www.thebeautyplan.com
Have a question, comment or video request? simply leave a comment on the video as I make an effort to respond to everyone each week.
organic makeup, organic cosmetics, homemade cosmetics, homemade makeup, how to make lipstick, vegan cosmetics, vegan makeup, kora organics, miranda kerr, victorias secret makeup, victorias secret tutorial, coconut oil, shea butter, cruelty free cosmetics, organic lipstick, organic foundation, bobbi brown, clarins, mac cosmetics,
Video Rating: 4 / 5